I. We respect your privacy
- Ruth McGowan Pty Ltd respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy
of our customers and website visitors. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in
the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal
- “Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
II. Collection of personal information
- Ruth McGowan Pty Ltd will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you enter
onto our website, provided to us directly.
- You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address
to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service order. We
may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide
feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your
content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit
card information, or communicate with our customer support.
III. How we collect your personal information
- Ruth McGowan Pty Ltd collects personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when
you interact with us electronically or in person, when you access our website and when we
provide our services to you. We may receive personal information from third parties. If we do, we
IV. Use of your personal information
- Ruth McGowan Pty Ltd may use personal information collected from you to provide you with
information, updates on our services. We may also make you aware of new and additional
products, services and opportunities available to you.
- Ruth McGowan Pty Ltd may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to
telephone, email, sms or mail.
V. Disclosure of your personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers,
professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the
purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is
required for the delivery of our services.
- We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal
requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal
proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights,
property or safety of Ruth McGowan Pty Ltd, www.ruthmcgowan.com, its customers or third
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve
the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any
personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information
may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We
would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above
types of disclosure covered by this Policy. Where we disclose your personal information to third
parties, we will request that the third party follow this Policy regarding handling your personal
VI. Security of your personal information
- Ruth McGowan Pty Ltd is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical,
electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from
misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk. We cannot
guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, or receive from us. Although we
take measures to safeguard against unauthorised disclosures of information, we cannot assure you
that personal information that we collect will not be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with
VII. Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the
provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the
provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information, which we hold about you or
believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or
misleading, please email us at email@example.com.
7.2. We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in
certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
VIII. Complaints about privacy
- If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your
complaints to info[at]ruthmcgowan.com We take complaints seriously and will respond after
receiving written notice of your complaint.
modifications will be effective immediately upon posting on our website.
- When you come to our website (www.ruthmcgowan.com) we may collect certain information such as
browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This
information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can
improve our service.
visitor experience. In addition, cookies may be used to serve relevant ads to website visitors through
third party services such as Google Adwords. These ads may appear on this website or other
websites you visit.
- Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These
links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute
sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Ruth McGowan Pty
Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be
aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that
collects personal identifiable information.