I help bring about enduring change that makes a difference
Advisor - Coach - Facilitator - Trainer
Ruth McGowan is a highly successful community leader and dynamic woman with incredible life experience. She likes to joke that she’s ‘been there, done that; bought the t-shirt’ as a result of more than 25 years working as a scientist, manager, Mayor, community activist and volunteer. She now shares her wisdom and insights as a coach, speaker, trainer and workshop facilitator.
Her proven track record in the local government, agricultural and the community sector means that organisations highly value her practical skills in facilitation, training, coaching and problem solving.
What lights me up
“I’m passionate about working with people who strive to make our communities and organisations more inclusive, successful and better places us all to play in, live and work.
I love collaborating with inspired people who want to make a difference and work to make their organisations, communities and our planet better off. That’s what lights me up!”
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science, University of Melbourne
- Masters of Applied Science, University Western Sydney
- Cert IV Life Coaching – Life Coaching Academy, QLD
- Cert IV Governance – Gippsland TAFE
- Accredited Trainer in Edward de Bono’s Lateral Thinking – de Bono Institute, Melbourne
- CFA Wildfire Firefighter Minimum Skills
Let me help you to go from good - to great - to unforgettable
As a recognised outstanding community leader, Ruth knows that being at the forefront of change in communities and organisations can be hard and challenging work. At times it is lonely and it can feel like a hard slog. That’s when you need someone who has got your back; someone who ‘gets it’ and understands the problems and ways to move forward.
Ruth carefully applies her skills in coaching, training and facilitating to each unique situation in order to help individuals and groups reflect, take stock and design strategies to move forward.
“I’d love to work with you, your team or organisation to help you solve problems and make a positive difference in whatever challenges are facing you at the moment”.
Ruth manages her own consulting business, working across government, local councils and organisations in a diverse range of projects.
As as a mentor and coach, Ruth supports Councillors, Mayors and community leaders to grow from being more than just good community representatives to become great leaders who are influential in their role. Ruth also shares her wisdom as public speaker, especially for community leadership programs and women’s events.
With a background in natural resource management, good governance, innovative thinking and effective engagement, Ruth is a well-qualified and experienced board member and respectful collaborator. She is committed to ‘giving back’ to her community and is the community engagement officer with her local CFA brigade.
As a people person, Ruth loves to collaborate and share her skills and experience with others. Her generous nature and lively, respectful approach, ensures her interactions are always positive and that approach is appreciated by her many happy clients.
“Being a details and process person, I also take immense pride in being absolutely professional so that my projects are always delivered on time and on budget with the T’s crossed and I’s dotted!”
- Assist community leaders, as they ‘step up’ into demanding roles, particularly women candidates for public office
- Coach and mentor groups, teams and one-on-one
- Facilitate workshops for industry, community groups, local government and business.
- Consult with local government, agribusiness and community groups to help solve problems.
- Apply my experience and knowledge to assist organisations undertake effective community engagement
- Utilise social media to empower women and support gender equality in all areas, including political office, leadership and public recognition
- Run innovative training and skills building in the local government sector
- Develop best practice guidelines for gender equity in local government
“Ruth keeps it real. She totally gets it”
Ruth has been nationally recognised as an exceptional community leader with and Order of Australia/OAM. Her approach to problem solving is evidence based, inclusive and innovative; built on skills gained from her scientific background and passion for community engagement.
Member VLGA, past Vice President
Member of the International Coaching Federation (Associate Certified Coach)
Member, Order of Australia Association
Member Victorian Country Fire Association
Co-founder, Honour A Woman
REQUEST A CALL BACK
Would you like to speak to Ruth over the phone? Just submit your details and she will be in touch shortly. You can also email us if you would prefer.
“Please drop me a line, send a message, or phone 0431 664 693 — I would be delighted to speak about how I can help you”.